one thing i've learned & continue to learn: this life is not mine own or about our version of the end result but joyfully & painfully about the transformation process

Monday, May 10, 2010

your number's being called, are you ready to play?

at church, the pastor has begun a new series entitled "put me in coach, i'm ready to play" where each week he's discussing a person from the Old Testament who displays characteristics of a Christ follower impacting the world for God's Kingdom. in the midst of this, i'm reading the hole in our Gospel by rich stearnes, the ceo of world vision. in the book, rich discusses his own path to taking the job at world vision & how he continually reverts back to the question of doing God's will, whatever that may be. he also discusses our call as Christ followers to redeem the world now & that the Lord uses us to redeem the world and its people into His Kingdom now...the Kingdom of God isn't something we wait on to enjoy in heavan but something His Spirit empowers His children to engage in NOW!

as i think of these two topics the Holy Spirit continues to bring this particular truth into my mind and heart...that since i'm God's daughter, He expects me to impact His Kingdom now through where He has me in this world & that if i'm truly His & delighting daily in our relationship & His love that i won't hesitate to do His will no matter what He asks...because redeeming His world for His Kingdom will be the cry of my heart...being an impact player for His Kingdom will be my lifestyle that i'll always be ready to play no matter what position or play He's calling me to take part in.

if my prayer is psalm 143:10 "teach me to do Your will for You are my God" then i am to faithfully be ready & consistently in the game allowing the Spirit to empower, strengthen and guide me. i admit i'm not always ready or even consistent in knowing whose Kingdom i'm fighting for but i find comfort in Him, His love and forgiveness for they set me free to impact this world for Him.

1 comment: