one thing i've learned & continue to learn: this life is not mine own or about our version of the end result but joyfully & painfully about the transformation process

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

one thing leads to another

this post is hopefully going to be short...i have 15mins left in my lunch break so it has to be whether i like it or not.

i've been challenged to really consider what i'm doing to actively live out my faith, the desires the Lord's given me, and the opportunities He's laid in front of me to be a part of His will in conjunction with these desires. at the start of 2010, the Lord challenged me to stop trying to plan the next step & to focus on where He has me & to just be content in Him. my guess is i needed to learn that lesson before He could challenge me w/ these new thoughts. in pretty much everything i've been reading, studying, & listening to over the past 6 months, all the words & ideas seem to point to the challenge of what am i doing w/ the talents, desires and passions the Lord's given me. i think about as i read "the hole in our gospel" and the various moments of agreeing w/ rich stearns and his call for the church to get active and then as i read the last part of the book when he challenges you as the reader to figure out your role & response. the majority of my thoughts then turned to "if these are my same passions & desires, then what am i doing to engage them w/in the Lord's will? what organizations and opportunities has He placed in my path that He potentially wants me to join/be a part of?"

i'm not sure how long these thoughts have been running through my brain...maybe a month?! but no matter how long ago they started, they just don't seem to want to leave...which is a clear sign that the Holy Spirit is trying to get my attention! what the next step is, well, there's some ideas i'm mulling over/highly praying about so i'll keep you posted.

2 comments: