one thing i've learned & continue to learn: this life is not mine own or about our version of the end result but joyfully & painfully about the transformation process

Monday, March 29, 2010

beautiful spring day w/ a beautiful friend

when i decided to move to birmingham, i knew i'd have a lot more opportunities to hang out w/ some of my dearest friends, including the incredible mrs. leslie irons who lives with her husband, derek & 5mo. old son, luke about 2 & a half hrs from bham in troy.

montgomery is about half way between troy & bham so some times on my off days, leslie & i try to meet for lunch & hang out for an hour or so. well, let's just say that our few hours of hang out today turned into the entire afternoon/early evening. we met for lunch at 12:30 & the next thing we knew it was 6:30. it was absolute splendid for several reasons but mainly because leslie has been a constant rock & friend & sister in Christ ever since we became friends back during my freshman year of college and i just absolutely love her & being around her & sharing life w/ her. plus, in so many ways leslie & i are the same and it's just so refreshing to share and work through the transformation process w/ her because well she gets me a lot. and now i just love seeing her as the fantastic mother she was created to be & loving on lukeman :)
check her out @ her blog here

today was one of those opportunities i anticipated to enjoy time w/ a dear friend & the Lord just happened to bless us w/ an absolutely beautiful spring day! what a great way to start Passion week since Christ's death & reconciliation allows us to live authentically in relationships with God, the Father as well as with our friends & family.

"I thank God, whom I serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. I have been reminded of your sincere faith" 2 Timothy 1:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment