one thing i've learned & continue to learn: this life is not mine own or about our version of the end result but joyfully & painfully about the transformation process

Monday, April 5, 2010

death & resurrection

since the church service i attended thursday night, i've been reflecting & meditating on the utter significance of Easter weekend...His death on the cross followed by the empty tomb & His resurrection 3 days later.

for much of my time as a Christ follower, i've dwelled on the importance of the cross, that w/out His eternal sacrifice of taking my sins/iniquities upon His shoulders, my life would have no meaning because there'd be nothing to live for eternally & i'd be unable to live intimately in relationship with God. that His death on the cross paid my ransom & i'm now debt free eternally. But this weekend, the Holy Spirit has been speaking to me about the utter importance of His resurrection, that the tomb was & remains empty. as i sat in church on sunday, i kept thinking about the Scripture that claims the prophecy, truth & need of His resurrection but i couldn't really think of any except the Gospel accounts that the tomb was empty. and that's just what the Lord wanted because the sermon spoke on the need & benefits of an empty tomb. that Him rising from the dead gives me life now, provides me the power of the Holy Spirit, God's strength because of Christ's sacrifice & dominance over satan/death & the hope laid up for me in eternal life & eternal peace through the reconciled relationship w/ the Lord.

i've been reading & thinking on Peter's sermon in Acts 2 & Paul's words in Eph 1:18-20
Happy Easter season my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment