one thing i've learned & continue to learn: this life is not mine own or about our version of the end result but joyfully & painfully about the transformation process

Friday, June 25, 2010

and i'm proud to be an American...

i'll admit that sporting events are about the only time in my life that i'm truly patriotic...yes, i'm proud to be an american and all but for me to truly embrace my country it takes the olympics & world cup to really get me going.

well, if you didn't pay attention to the crazyness that was the USA's last soccer match of pool play wednesday morning then you missed out...you just need to look up the end of the match & watch landon donavon's goal. i unfortunately had to be at work for the 2nd half so i had to keep my emotions in check until i got home from work. i had to watch it a few times to really soak in how incredible not only the goal was but also the victory for the team.

even if you aren't paying attention to the world cup but are an american, this video of various reactions to donovan's game winning goal on wednesday. trust me you'll get major chills!

1 comment:

  1. those ghana folks played so so dirty. one of my mom's friend sent me that video and it was chilling, fo sho!

    ReplyDelete