one thing i've learned & continue to learn: this life is not mine own or about our version of the end result but joyfully & painfully about the transformation process

Thursday, June 24, 2010

praise Him for the small things

last wednesday the air in my car stopped working...let me clarify, not just the air conditioner but all forms of air including hot air that blows if the a/c is off. well, i must admit it really wasn't as bad of a week in my car as i thought. the only times it felt hot were when i first got in or while sitting at red lights...thank goodness for working windows or this hot natured girl would've been very sweaty heading in to work.

well, since i've put a lot of miles on my car it's no longer covered under warranty so my dad just told me to go get it checked & see what the estimated cost would be. my new friend lesley's brother is a mechanic so i took it to him this am & left with a fixed air system that to my surprise costed a whole lot less than i thought. PRAISE THE LORD!!

even more, my dad said they'll still help me out with some or all of the payment so not only do i have a newly air conditioned car to cruise around bham in but i can expect a happy check in the mail w/in the week. man, the Lord is good!

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate moments like that. A friend in college referred to times like that "when God romances you." Getting a med coffee when you only order a large or forgetting your lunch at home, only to have a catered lunch meeting you had forgotten about. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh typo's .... **getting a med coffee when you only order a small...

    ReplyDelete